ESO – October Newsletter 2016
We have so many exciting things planned for our Fall Festival event.
We’ve been busy planning, sampling food and shopping for great prizes. It is going to be a great event and we hope to see you there.
For those who have never attended the event we have games, contests, great food and we will be giving also give away FREE braces. Be sure to register early as spaces are limited and we do expect to sell out.
Register now at:
If you’ve already registered don’t forget to print out your registration confirmation email and bring in your new or gently used clothing items for our Salvation Army Clothes Drive.
Have a great month and we look forward to seeing you for your next appointment.
Dr. O El-Hillal & Dr. Saavedra
Use It or Lose It Flex Spending Benefits & Planning Your Orthodontic Insurance Coverage for 2017!
As the year starts to draw to a close there are two extremely important things you should be doing to ensure you maximize your insurance benefits for this calendar year as well as preparing yourself for 2017.
Let’s first talk about this year. For those of you who have a FLEX spending benefits account, be sure to use any credit you have in this account before the end of the calendar year as these benefits do not roll over. Either you spend your FLEX spending account benefits or you lose them.
There are some exceptions to this, but in the majority of cases this is how FLEX spending accounts work. If you have any questions on how you can ultilize your FLEX spending benefits for Orthodontic treatment dont hesitate to call us on 623-227-0813
Now let’s talk about 2017. It’s the right time now to start planning your insurance coverage for 2017. If you know that someone in your family needs orthodontic treatment it could be the right time to find an insurance plan which offers orthodontic benefits. In addition to that a plan that offers FLEX spending benefits would also be advisable as they can be used towards orthodontic treatment.
If you have any questions about your current insurance, your FLEX spending benefits or your 2017 insurance plan our financial co-ordinators are available to help answer those questions. Simply call us at 623-227-0813.
Trick or Treating While
Fall is full of yummy treats and we want to ensure all of our patients can enjoy this time of year so we’ve come up with a few helpful tips on how to have fun enjoying the treats while also protecting your braces and oral health!
TIP #1: Avoid sticky, chewy, hard and crunchy treats as you could bite down and potentially break a bracket or get the treats stuck in your braces.
TIP#2: Enjoy treats like soft chocolates without caramel/toffee/nuts, gelatin based candy and ice cream (yes were giving you permission to eat as much ice cream as you like 🙂 )
TIP #3: If you do indulge in some treats it’s important to clean your teeth afterwards so as to maintain good oral health.
Do be mindful that eating candy or treats that should be avoided may result in broken appliances or brackets/wires, which will require extra visits to the office and can cause you discomfort. So while enjoying this season please do keep these tips in mind!
Brighten Your Smile This Holiday Season with In-Office And At-Home Teeth Whitening
The holidays are fast approaching, which means lots of gatherings, selfies and family photos.
E&S Orthodontics offers a few different options to ensure that you have a bright beautiful smile this holiday season.
In-Office Teeth Whitening
In less than 1 hour and without pain you can achieve that beautiful bright smile you are dreaming of with our in-office teeth whitening. This is a favorite amongst our patients and we are sure you’ll love the end result.
If you’d like to find out more about In-Office Teeth Whitening please call us at 623-227-0813
At Home Teeth Whitening
As well as in-office treatment we also offer At-Home Teeth Whitening kits. There are two types of take home teeth whitening trays that we offer and they are:
- Pre-filled trays: This convenient take home option will give you amazing results in the comfort of your own home, taking only 15-60 minutes a day for 5-10 days. This flavored alternative to over the counter whitening kits is a budget friendly option for those on the go.
- Custom trays: This convenient take home option is perfect for those who want professional results from the comfort of their home. After having the custom trays done in office, the patient administers the solution into their custom trays at each use.
If you’d like to find out more about our take home teeth whitening kits simply call us at 623-227-0813.
What Is Your Name? Monica
What Do You Do At E&S
What Is Your Favorite Song?
That Summer by Garth Brooks
What Is Your Favorite Movie?
How Long Have You Worked at
A little over a year & a half
Are There Any Qoutes You Love Or
“You get what you deserve”
QUOTE OF THE MONTH
Use Your Smile To Change The World. Don’t Let The World Change Your Smile.
– Source Unknown
Braces Friendly Recipe of the Month
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 cup butter
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 egg
- 1 (15 ounce) can pumpkin puree
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 cups confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease baking sheets.
- Whisk flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, nutmeg, and ginger together in a bowl. Beat 1 cup butter, white sugar, brown sugar, 2 teaspoons vanilla extract, and egg with an electric mixer in a separate large bowl, beating until mixture is smooth. Beat in pumpkin puree. Gradually stir dry ingredients into pumpkin mixture. Batter will be moist.
- Spoon batter by teaspoonfuls about 2 inches apart onto prepared baking sheets.
- Bake in the preheated oven until cookies are lightly browned, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cookies cool for about 5 minutes on sheets before removing to finish cooling on waxed paper.
- Makes about three dozen.
- Beat cream cheese, 1/4 cup butter, and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract in a bowl with an electric mixer until soft and creamy. Beat in confectioners’ sugar, about 1/2 cup at a time, until frosting is smooth and spreadable. Frost cooled cookies with cream cheese frosting.
Patient Of The Month
Become Patient of the Month! Ask us how!
Patient of the month is chosen based on oral hygiene; keep your teeth at an above average or excellent standard of cleanliness and you will have a chance to win.
This month we honor Hayden House. Please give us a call to schedule pick up of your gift. Winners will be highlighted in the newsletter, their picture will be framed in the front office and they will receive a grab bag gift courtesy of
Dr. O and Dr. Wil.