If you’re like most people, you’ve considered whitening your teeth. As a matter of fact, teeth whitening is the most requested cosmetic service today and according to the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry, its popularity continues to rise. Despite the fact that teeth aren’t actually meant to be bright white, nobody wants them to look like little yellow rows of corn either. Following are 5 reasons why you may wish to get your teeth whitened.
1. To help remove stains on the teeth caused from smoking, wine, coffee, soda and other foods. Besides sticking to a healthy dental care regimen, whitening your teeth can help eliminate stains and fast.
2. If you’re trying to quit smoking and are having a tough time, having your teeth whitened can actually help you achieve your goal. Why? Because you aren’t going to want to spoil the effects of your sparkling white teeth with nasty cigarette stains. It’s a fact that quitting any vice is made easier with motivation and if beautiful white teeth are important to you, it just might be enough to help you quit.
3. People who invest in a beautiful smile, including having their teeth whitened, are known to have significantly better oral hygiene. Because these patients are concerned about the look of their teeth, they are usually committed to taking the time to properly brush and floss, and see their dentist regularly.
4. Aging can lead to yellowing teeth, making them look unhealthy and old, often making us feel the same way. Teeth whitening can visually help reverse the aging process. A brighter smile is commonly associated with youth and there’s no reason to have younger looking skin but yellowish teeth. You’re anti-aging treatments should include teeth whitening if you’re going after a younger appearance.
5. Self-confidence isnít based just on appearance, but it’s definitely influenced by it. How you feel about yourself establishes how you approach the world, and we can all benefit from a self-confidence boost. With healthy, dazzling smile, you’ll feel ready for anything, feeling more confident and capable. Instead of holding back a smile or a hearty laugh, you’ll freely share your beautiful smile with the world. With a fresh, beautiful smile, you’ll have more confidence in your overall appearance. A sparkling smile always goes a long way toward boosting your confidence when you’re facing stressful situations like job interviews or networking as well, helping you make an excellent first impression.
Bottom line, teeth whitening is probably the easiest, most dramatic, cost effective way to supercharge your smile power. You smile conveys so much about you, and itís one of the first things anyone you meet will notice. By sharing a brighter smile will the world, you add “shine” to your own. When you present yourself to everyone you meet as a healthy, happy, confident person, those around you will respond in a positive way. When we look good, we feel good, making us smile, which in turn rubs off on everyone around us, making teeth whitening a worthy experience.