Invisalign is a new dental aesthetics for straightening teeth. It is actually invisible braces. So for those who doesn’t like the traditional braces, Invisalign could be a good choice for you. However, not all people are candidate for wearing Invisalign. The traditional braces, which are the metal ones, give patients a mouth full of shiny metal.
Most orthodontists Florida-based will tell you that you need to visit your orthodontist first in order to know if you are a candidate to wear Invisalign. The reason why not all can wear these new braces is because there are many cases of teeth alignment problems, and every case has its own process for fixing it. So only your orthodontist will know which will better for you.
The difference of the two sets of braces is the material that has been used. Obviously, the metal braces are created from metal, while the Invisalign braces are created from clear plastic trays to accomplish movement, that make them flexible and invisible.
Other advantages of using Invisalign are:
● These invisible braces are used only for simple cases like slightly crowded lower teeth, for instance. However, there some that are built for all kinds of cases and even advanced cases.
● Invisible braces can be used to straighten crooked or crowded teeth, closing unsightly gaps, correcting deep bite, correcting bites out of alignment, and even some TMJ issues.
● Many patients love Invisalign as no one can see that they are wearing braces. The trays are comfortable and easy to use and wear. Your dentist or ortho will give you a special whitening gel in the trays for whitening your teeth while you straighten them.
● It is removable.
● Nearly undetectable
● Comfortable to wear
How about the cons?
● These braces require excellent cooperation. Once you failed to wear these aligners, the time span of the effectivity to fix the aligment will go longer.
● There is tenderness, feeling in a few days of each treatment
● Need to remove it before eating.
● It is pricey
● There is a tendency that your speech will be impaired
● Aligner must be changed every 2 weeks.
Again, you can choose either of the two braces. However, the only one knows what would be the best to fix your teeth is your orthodontist. To know more about theses kinds of braces, visit him for check-up.
Ousama El-Hillal, referred to as Dr. O by patients, staff and friends is an Orthodontist at E&S Orthodontics. He founded E&S Orthodontics with Dr. Saavedra in 2004. He is driven to create Wide Beautiful Smiles Without Extractions.