Peoria Orthodontics Is Your Damon Braces Provider
A face-driven orthodontic treatment
At E&S Orthodontics, we practice a NON-EXTRACTION philosophy that’s face-driven. To make this a reality, we need to use braces that can straighten teeth without forcing patients to make unnecessary sacrifices. That’s why we’ve chosen Damon Braces for our Peoria Orthodontics office, an orthodontic system that’s more hygienic than traditional brackets and results in big, bold, perfect smiles.
What are Damon Braces?
With traditional braces, extractions of healthy teeth and palatal expanders are required for best results. Sadly, this means longer treatment times, more discomfort, and altered facial features that can leave patients with narrower arches and flat profiles. As a stronger and more patient-focused alternative, Damon Braces are designed to improve each patient’s facial features.
Damon Braces are a passive, self-litigating system that uses slide technology to straighten teeth. These braces are made of stainless steel and don’t require the use of elastic or metal ties to hold the arch wire in place. This is a huge improvement from traditional braces because elastic ties trap bacteria and biofilm, and they can cause plaque and tartar buildup. Additionally, the use of elastic ties can create a tightening sensation, through friction and pressure, that leads to major discomfort.
Damon Braces have been shown to work most effectively at correcting severe crowding. They also help patients maintain long-term results, with no threat of future issues.
Early versions of self-litigating braces first appeared as early as 1935 but didn’t become trusted and commercially viable until 1994. Since then, they’ve become a clinically proven and trusted way to straighten teeth without extractions.
E&S Orthodontics is Peoria’s premier Damon Braces provider, specializing in extraction-free treatment plans and care. E&S Orthodontics founders Dr. O El-Hillal and Dr. Wil Saavedra firmly believe in this treatment method and have made it a hallmark of their business.
How Damon Braces Work
The primary feature of Damon Braces is their self-litigating features. As described above, no elastic or metal ties are required to keep them in place, which is a more comfortable experience for the patient. But there’s even more to the Damon system and its functionality.
Damon Braces use light, high-technology, shape-memory wires. These wires straighten teeth faster and require fewer adjustments throughout the treatment process. They also employ a slide mechanism, which holds the wire but still allows teeth to move freely. This mechanism also moves as your teeth realign gradually over time. With traditional braces, regular orthodontic appointments are required as they aren’t designed to withstand constant or significant movement. Damon Braces are designed to create space through movement without intervention.
And, because patients can avoid extractions or any other permanent alterations to their mouth, the use of Damon Braces not only straightens teeth but enhances facial features, resulting in an all-around positive experience for the patient.
The process for getting Damon Braces is seamless:
In short, Damon Braces are a way to achieve a perfect smile while still allowing the patient to live a normal, independent life.
Benefits of Damon Braces
Compared to traditional braces, Damon Braces offer several benefits:
- Faster treatment times – times may vary according to each patient’s needs, but overall, treatment time is 6 months faster and requires less frequent office visits.
- More comfort – without elastic or metal ties and with slide technology, teeth can move freely and comfortably. Patients are pain-free.
- Less friction – which helps patients avoid erosion or tooth deterioration.
- More discreet – with a little less hardware in the mix, Damon Braces are more discreet and aesthetically pleasing than traditional metal braces.
- Gentler approach – Damon Braces rely on more biologically sensible forces to move teeth, which results in better facial harmony and improved tooth positioning.
- Appropriate for all ages – both children and adults can use Damon Braces for excellent results.
- Two material options – Damon braces are available in stainless steel or in a polycarbonate.
- Nickel-free arch wires – there’s no need to worry about metal allergies or irritation.
Are Damon Braces right for you? Schedule your FREE consultation (valued at $500) today to find out!
Simply complete the form below and one of our friendly team members will be in contact.