This topic sounds like for kids only. But you can’t deny that even proper brushing of teeth may sometimes forget and being taken for granted. Whatever the reason why you take brushing for granted, you must practice now the proper brushing to avoid possible dental problems in the future.
Proper brushing is indeed to maintain a good health and not only for aesthetic purposes. The main problems of having a mouth problem like canker sores is the bacteria in the mouth. So if the bacteria live longer in the mouth for hours, it may build plaques and sores and even cause bad breath.
Strict brushing of teeth is a requirement for those who have metal braces because they need to remove all plaques and debris between the metal and teeth. Same with those who wear invisalign. They need to be more watchful in brushing their teeth.
There are a few things that you need to consider when it comes to brushing your teeth. There are:
● Using the right toothbrush. Regardless if you want an electronic one or the traditional toothbrush, always choose the one with soft bristles. The soft bristled toothbrush is very effective in removing plaques and germs compare to the hard ones.
● Another factor that you need to consider is the comfortability in your hand. The toothbrush should have a head small enough to easily reach all of your teeth, especially the ones at the back.
● Replace toothbrush regularly. Get a new one every 3 or 4 months as bristles wear out over time.
● Rinse your toothbrush after using.
● Choose only a fluoride toothpaste as it is more effective in removing plaques.
● Use only a small amount of toothpaste. An over amount of toothpaste could cause sudsing that triggers you to spit and finish brushing right away.
● Spend at least three minutes of brushing
● Brush molars
● Brush the inner surfaces of teeth.
● Use dental floss for removing debris. You can use it after eating if you feel uncomfortable with debris within your teeth, and even after brushing just to make sure that no debris after brushing.
So here are the things that you need to consider in cleaning your teeth. Don’t forget to visit your Glendale dentist. The regular check-up will help avoid dental problems or fix the dental problems quickly. If you need to align your teeth, ask your dentist which is better for you-the traditional one or the invisalign.